1. Skin moisturizer; Argan oil is a great day and night moisturizer
- As a day moisturizer, after cleansing your face, apply sparingly on the face and neck in circular motions. Allow15 minutes for the skin to absorb it then apply your regular make-up. We recommend safe, natural and cruelty free make-up.
-For night time moisturizing and nourishing, apply a a few drops of Argan oil after removing make-up and cleansing your face.
2. Argan oil will effectively restore and prevent damage to your hair from styling and outdoor activities. It also adds remarkable shine to dull hair and controls frizz on natural hair. There are a few ways you can use it for optimum benefits to your hair;
- To nourish dull, dry and damaged/brittle hair, slather it on as a pre-shampoo mask and spread it from root to tip. Allow at least 30 minutes for the hair to absorb it, then shampoo and rinse your hair normally. This will help to keep the shampooing process gentle, and to retain some moisture in your hair.
- As a leave in treatment, apply Argan oil from root to tip after shampooing your hair. Massage it in and set your hair as desired. This is especially effective for Caucasian hair. For African or African/American hair, apply it sparingly in combination with a cream using the LCO or LOC methods, then style your hair. Good also for application in between shampoos.
- For braided hair, apply on scalp and massage it in. Also great for conditioning human hairs while styling.
3. Correcting and managing skin conditions
- To treat an acute acne breakout, rub a few drops of argan oil on the affected area after cleansing. Avoid using multiple skin products or make-up when you have a bout of acne. If you suffer from chronic acne, kindly see a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and management of the underlying cause.
- To treat cold sores and encourage healing, rub a drop of argan oil on the sore gently as soon as irritation starts. Repeat the regimen as often as possible until the sore disappears.
- To manage dry skin or dry skin patches especially during winter, massage argan oil generously on the affected parts before bath time. Allow 15 minutes for the skin to absorb the oil. Soak in a warm bath and moisturize your skin normally after bathing. Avoid using harsh soaps or skin products as they might also cause excessive drying of the skin.
4. You can also strengthen brittle nails with with this Moroccan liquid gold.
- If your nails are breaking, soak your nails weekly in a solution made of equal parts of lemon juice and argan oil for 15 minutes. For best results, remove nail polish before soaking. As a routine, always keep your hands and nails moisturized, and wear gloves when doing household chores.
5. Moisturizing dry and chapped lips
- Rub a few drops of argan oil on your lips every few hours; can be used as a lip gloss, swapped with your regular lip balm, or applied underneath the balm or lipstick.
6. Massage and pain relief
- Argan oil can be used to provide relief to aching joints due to rheumatism and arthritis; rub it on the aching joints and keep them warm.
- It can also be used as a massage oil to provide relief to tired and aching muscles. Just visit your favorite spa with your Argan oil in hand and you will walk out smiling.
Slice of Nature Virgin Argan oil is 100% natural, pure, contains no additives or fillers, cruelty free, and is ethically traded. Don’t forget to check out our Marula oil, the best rated marula on Amazon!